Venue: Alford Room, Council Offices, Brympton Way, Yeovil
Apologies for Absence
Declarations of Interest
Exclusion of the Public - Closed Session
At this meeting the Committee is asked to consider the process of the appointment of a Chief Executive Officer for South Somerset District Council. It is therefore recommended that from this point onwards the Committee move into closed session for the remainder of its meeting.
Members are requested to pass the following resolution:
That members of the press and public be excluded from the meeting in accordance with the Local Government Act 1972 Schedule 12A paragraph 3.
“Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).”
Discussion of Process to Recruit a Chief Executive Officer (Confidential)
Members will be asked to consider the following points:
· Approach to recruitment / agency – see Appendix 1 (see agenda page 4)
· Timetable – provisional dates for process. Interview venues. Avoiding August. – see Appendix 2 (see agenda page 20)
· Recruitment pack content including job description / person specification / terms and conditions / welcome letter / plus council plan / organisation chart
· Advert – placement, type, size, costs
· Selection methods – initial thoughts
· Delegation of decisions
Date of Next Meeting
To be discussed and agreed at this meeting.