Complaints About a Councillor

How to make a complaint about a Unitary or Parish councillor in Somerset

From 1 April 2023 Somerset Council (SC), through its Monitoring Officer and Standards Committee, has responsibility for dealing with complaints that a councillor may have acted in breach of the relevant code of conduct. This includes complaints about councillors of Somerset Council and all town & parish councils in the administrative area.

If you wish to complain about a councillor please refer to information on the Somerset Council website at Complaints about Councillors

All councillors are required to complete a Register of Interests. Whilst the content may differ slightly between councils, in broad terms it contains details of their employment, land holdings, any contracts with the council and membership of outside bodies.